It is a big relief when we see the clouds turning dark and those tiny water droplets falling down along with an earthy scent. After experiencing the scorching summer heat, the monsoon is nothing less than a welcome euphoria. However, the season also invites a number of health problems which should be avoided while we enjoy the rains.
Here are some important tips for you to stay healthy during the rainy season.
- Keep rain gear with you always – Rains are unpredictable. The best thing you can do is be always prepared by keeping the rain gear with you. A raincoat and waterproof are a must during this season.
- High Vitamin C Intake – Increasing the intake of Vitamin C will help your body drive away the cold virus faster. A sufficient supply of this vitamin will help in restoring the immune system by activating the antibodies.
- Shower after being caught in the rain – Having an after rain shower will protect you from many infections.
- Hot drinks – There would be an inner desire for hot drinks like tea or soup after getting drenched in rains. This will not only help you from catching a cold, but will also save you from getting any kind of infection which might occur due to changes in temperature of the body.
- Make sure your surroundings are clean – Cleanliness is very important during the rainy season as it is the perfect season for the microorganisms to grow. So, try to maintain a hygienic surrounding. Not only this, maintain personal hygiene by regularly washing your hands as most of the infections we get are from the hands.
- Drink ample amount of water – Your water intake may reduce naturally due to the sudden drop in the temperature. So don’t wait to get thirsty and drink water at regular intervals as it will help you drain toxins from your body.
- Look at what you are eating – It is not advisable to eat roadside fried food during this season. Try to prepare nutritious foods by including foods that boost immunity like garlic, ginger, carrot, etc. Do not forget to wash them before preparing.
Besides the coolness and fresh air that monsoon brings, it also plays a great host to various health conditions and infections. Therefore, it is necessary to take precautions and be prepared whenever you go out of your home.