There have been times when you have faced situations which increase your stress levels, anxiety and tension. And at times, you don’t have any clue how to calm yourself down. Read on to know ways on how you can fight such stressful situations.
- Listen to music – Take a break from your routine life and listen to some soothing music of your choice. Even better if you know how to play an instrument. It will have a positive effect on your mind, lower your blood pressure and reduce cortisol, a hormone linked to stress.
- Call a friend – Pick up your phone and just call a friend. You can discuss things bothering you if you want to. For a healthy lifestyle, good relationships with friends and loved ones are very important. A reassuring voice can put everything in perspective.
- Laugh it off – Watch funny videos or read some jokes or how about practicing laughter yoga? It is helpful because laughter releases endorphins that improve mood and decreases levels of the stress-causing hormone cortisol. It tricks your nervous system into making you happy so that you forget about the stressful situation at least for some time.
- Grab a cup of tea or coffee – Sometimes stress results from a lack of sleep and fatigue. Caffeinated drinks prevent your brain from feeling tired and make you feel more alert. Green tea is also a healthy option if you want to calm yourself down.
- Breath in, breath out– Relax your mind with the help of some meditation. Cut yourself from your hectic surroundings and spend some quality time alone. It enhances both your physical and mental health. It helps you move away from negative thoughts and increase self-awareness.
- Get moving – Exercising even for a minute has a positive effect on your body. Sweating boosts endorphins and can improve your mood instantly. When in office, take a break for a short walk or do simple stretching at your desk.