Quitting Tobacco might be on your list of goals for many years. But as you know, the first few days are the hardest and probability of relapsing is very high.
Here, you will get to know some unusual but effective ways to handle the first few days after quitting smoking.
- Sip Cold Water: Replace the act of smoking a cigarette by sipping cold water with the help of a straw. Doing this, your body will release dopamine, a feel-good brain chemical that can help you with bad moods and overcome the urge to smoke.
- Noting Instant Rewards: Yes, the benefits of smoke-free life are endless and one of them is that your savings will increase instantly. We might not keep a note on how much money we waste on packs of cigarettes and once you decide to finally quit it, you will notice your savings shoot up. Not only this you will feel better, your taste buds will improve and you will feel more energetic.
- Brush Often: One of the instant perks of quitting tobacco or smoking is that your mouth will smell better and you’ll be more kissable. That’s right! For that, you need to brush your teeth every time you get the urge of smoking. This way, you will be less inclined to smoking and blessed with clean and white teeth.
- Free Yourself from Smoking Partners: It is quite common that the urge of lighting a cigarette increases when you mingle with a group of smokers. Therefore, it is necessary to find a group of non-smokers, especially at your workplace, to ride out smoking cravings.
- Be Active: At times, when you feel you no longer can resist smoking, distract yourself and start doing something else. You can go for a walk or a quick run, listen to music and dance to the latest tunes. Go for some kind of exercise since it offers a powerful distraction from the cravings.
Besides these tips, write down some reasons why you want to quit smoking and read it from time to time. It will serve as the reminder to not to smoke. And when the urge comes, just look at these reminders. Put them in places where it is easy for you to see, for instance, make it your phone’s wallpaper, paste it in front of your desk at the workplace, keep a copy at your home etc. Hope this article helps you in leading a healthy and smoke-free life.