Health benefits of Yoga go far and beyond improving flexibility. This article will help you know hidden benefits of Yoga along with the recommended poses which you might have been unaware of.
1. Boost Immunity – There are various studies that say practicing yoga results in changes in gene expression which improves immunity at a cellular level. Yoga helps improve your overall health as you breathe better, move better and your circulation improves.
Strike a pose: Sun salutations (Surya Namaskar)
2. Ease Migraines – People with migraines have experienced fewer and less painful migraines after practicing Yoga. Yoga is considered as a natural way to fight against migraines with no side-effects. Practicing yoga for a few minutes every day will help you prepare better for the next migraine attack.
Strike a pose: Bridge Pose
3. Boost Sexual Performance – A recent study shows 12 weeks of yoga practice can improve sexual desire, arousal, performance, confidence, orgasm and satisfaction for both men and women. Yoga enhances your physical fitness by increasing blood flow to the genital area.
Strike a pose: Bound Angle Pose
4. Sleep Better – Yoga can significantly improve your sleep quality and help people with insomnia to sleep better. Yoga helps people to deal with stress and provides mental relief to get sleep.
Strike a pose: Corpse Pose (Savasana)
5. Fight Food Cravings – Regular Yoga practice is associated with mindful eating. It keeps you mentally aware of physical and emotional sensations associated with binge eating. It strengthens the mind-body connection which helps you to keep food cravings away.
Strike a pose: Meditation