Are you fed up that all your efforts to lose weight are not working? After months of exercising and dieting, you’re still not getting the results you aimed for? Well, the answer could be hidden amidst your daily schedule. Here are some common reasons that are coming between you and your aim of losing weight.
1. Not following proper diet – As we all know, exercise alone can’t help in weight loss. You need to follow a proper diet as well. To do this, know what you’re eating by keeping a journal and using an app which suggests healthy foods to eat. But remember, diet does not mean starving; eating healthy is the way to go.
2. High calorie intake – Do you lose control when you see your favorite chocolate ice-cream? If yes, then you’re losing the count on your calories too. A lot of us choose to ignore the calorie count of the foods we are eating and hence losing weight becomes a challenge. Try to keep a check on your calorie intake which can be done by using a calorie counting app.
3. Not sleeping well – Sleep is very important for losing weight too. Don’t be surprised if we tell you that one of the reasons behind obesity is poor sleep. Studies show that people with poor sleep are 55% more likely to become obese. Therefore, you need to sleep well in order to lose weight.
4. Too much alcohol consumption – Did you know that alcohol has 7 calories per gram? Tobe precise, alcohol and weight loss are enemies. If you are a heavy drinker, you might be sabotaging your weight loss plans. However, drinking moderately is fine.
5. Not drinking enough water – It’s a fact that drinking water can make you burn more calories. In fact, drinking water before meals can reduce appetite and aid in weight loss. Moreover, it speeds up the digestion process and thereby helps break down the food so that the body can absorb the nutrients.
6. Eating too much junk food – Every cell in your body is made from the food you eat. If you consistently eat junk food, you’ll have a junk body. Cut down on junk foods to lose weight more quickly.
7. Medical issues – There are certain health issues which make you gain weight instead of losing. Depression, thyroid, diabetes are some of them. If you have any of these, consult your doctor.
8. Impatience – Weight loss is a journey which requires patience and dedication. Also, having realistic targets will motivate you further to continue on this journey.