You may have wondered how drinking more water can help you lose weight? See, water is one magical drink and an essential requirement for your body that helps boost your metabolism, cleanses your body of toxins and acts as an appetite suppressant too.
In this article, you will get to know how you can make this habit interesting. Give a twist to water with these homemade detox drinks.
- Cucumber and Grapefruit – To shed those extra kilos get a cucumber, a medium sized grapefruit, a sliced lemon, and a few mint leaves. To make this drink, simply chop all the ingredients, add them to a pitcher full of water and just set them in a refrigerator for few hours before serving. Drink this five times a day and free your body of all the toxins.
- Apple Cinnamon Detox Water – A delicious drink which will soothe your body and since cinnamon boosts metabolism it may help you get slimmer. What you need to do is add a few slices of apple and a cinnamon stick or its powder to a litre sized pitcher of water. Let it sit for at least an hour and you’re ready to get your drink on. And the best thing – you can refill the pitcher three to four times a day using the same apples and cinnamon.
- Cucumber and Lemon Water – This one is the best to boost immunity and cleansing the toxins out of your body. Since cucumber is anti-inflammatory, it will also help you keep hydrated. To make this, add sliced cucumber, lemon, and a few mint leaves to eight cups of water in a pitcher and keep it in the fridge overnight. Tasty as well as healthy!
- Ginger and Lemon Detox Water – Ginger is a great ingredient which works as a pain killer too. Make this drink by adding grated ginger, a sliced lemon and some lemon juice to about a litre of water. Bye bye toxins!
- Apple Cider Detox Water – To make this magic drink, add 2 spoons of cider vinegar, 1 spoon of lemon juice and some sweetener (optional) to the blender with water. After mixing it well, add a few slices of apples to the mixture and your drink is ready.