Don’t have enough time to work out? Or too tired to work out after work? Long working hours and unhealthy eating habits are causing adverse effects on everyone’s health. Lack of exercise in their daily life is making them unfit and vulnerable to many diseases. Efforts should be made so that their health, as well as their performance, is not compromised. Employers should motivate their employees to stay healthy by doing physical activities even at the workplace. In this article, we bring to you 5 exercises that you can do on your chair at the workplace. They won’t take much of your time and will keep you active whole day.
- Seated Toe Stretch – Sitting on a chair; start with the right leg by stretching it. Now lean forward and try to touch that extended leg. Keep the leg straight as much as you can. You don’t need to go all the way down to touch your foot, just try to stretch your legs and arms as far as you are comfortable. Switch to left leg after 30 seconds and do this 5 times with each leg.
- High knees and lateral raise – Take up one leg at a time as high as your knees can go above the ground. As you do so, raise your hands sideways at your shoulder’s height. You can even use dumbbells to make it more difficult. Remember to keep your back straight. Repeat this exercise 10 times with each leg alternatively.
- Seated leg extension and overhead presses – This one is little similar to the above exercise. Seating at the edge of a chair, press your hands in the upward direction and at the same time raise your leg straight at the level of your hips. Try to keep your legs parallel to the ground and straighten as much as you possibly can. Repeat this 10 times with each leg alternatively.
- Seated side bends – Bring your right hand behind your head and extend your left hand directly out in a straight line from your shoulders. Slowly crunch towards your right side, then get back to your sitting position and then crunch towards left. Do this side crunches 5 times on each side. And repeat the same by putting the left hand behind your head and straightening your right hand.
- Seated Russian twists – Firstly sit sideways on your chair to do this one. Now keep the back flat, lean just a little bit as far as you can control without letting the feet come above the ground. Now keep your hands in front of chest and rotate your shoulders from left to right and right to left. Try not to let any other body part move. Repeat this exercise 10 times on each side.
Since employers have begun to realise that the employees are the most important assets to the company, they have started developing their workplace into a fitness-friendly place. This would help employees to stay fit and bring the best of them to their job every day.