Most of us are too focussed on our physical health to pay any attention to our mental health. And this results in high-stress levels, depression, and even anxiety. In this article, we will give you ideas for building a strong mental foundation which will help you relieve your stress levels and anxiety. What’s more exciting is that these activities are inexpensive and a fun way to maintain your mental health.
- Let your coloring books fly off the shelves – We may have left our coloring books in the past, but let us remind ourselves about the joy they gave us. As we are overworked and over stimulated every day, coloring books can actually give us immense joy and take us back to the times of carefree childhood. It allows our mind to get off negative thoughts and move towards pleasant colors and beautiful shapes.
- Brain games – Challenge your brain with brain games. Games like Sudoku are known to stimulate synapses, improve memory and reduce stress. If you don’t prefer Sudoku, you have other options like crosswords, masterminds, and video games.
- Feel good with massage therapy – Most of us are huge fans of massages and regularly take time out for massages. According to some studies, massages have shown to decrease feelings of anxiety and stress and can restore your body to its healthy state. Moreover, massage can help in overcoming troubled sleep and even insomnia.
- Aromatherapy – You might not want to believe it, but a pleasant odor is helpful in reducing stress and improving one’s ability to sleep. Studies have shown a positive result on whether our mood gets altered for better or worse because of certain scents.
- Plants at your home – Trust us, you will forget about stress when you will get your hands dirty in the soil. This is because of the fact that exposure to sunlight increases serotonin hormone in the brain, which is responsible for improving our mood. That’s why gardening is a favorite stress management activity of many.
Did any of the above activities excite you? We would love to hear if you have any other suggestion. Don’t be too harsh on your mental health and take out some time for the things you enjoy the most.